cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nathan_Ramey
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello everyone!

In my airtable base system we have several bases where we receive different work orders, we have used synced tables to merge all of the work orders inside of one bases creating our “root files.” I have created automations to take the information from the synced tables and add them to a regular table inside of our root files base. I then go into the synced tables, and link the record back to the record that was created via the automation. I was wondering how would I use the automation to automatically link the records removing my involvement altogether.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can use either the record ID or the name of the record. If the primary field of the linked record is a formula, you may have to use the ID.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3

Depending on how your current automation is set up, you may just need to fill in the Link field in the same step you’re using to create the new record.

Yes, that is what I thought, however how to I do that? Do I have to use the record ID, or something else?

You can use either the record ID or the name of the record. If the primary field of the linked record is a formula, you may have to use the ID.