cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GrahamW
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi All, 

Arranging a weekly report to be sent, but would like to include the Date it was sent in the subject line. 

I can select Expected Trigger time as an option: 

GrahamW_0-1682536326823.png

And when I click on it, I have the option to Edit or Modify the token:

GrahamW_1-1682536400287.png

However, beyond that, I don't have a clue how I can make this:

GrahamW_2-1682536433752.png

look like this: 

GrahamW_3-1682536447190.png

Any ideas? 
(thanks in advance for the assistance!) 

6 Replies 6
pressGO_design
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Create a new field called Email Date (or whatever) and use the DatetimeFormat formula to pull the month date year from Expected Trigger Time.

DATETIMEFORMAT({Expected Trigger Time}, ‘YYYY-MM-DD’) should get you what you want. Then use the the Email Date field in your automation. 

ZY
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi there, I have similar questions regarding sending out "Actual trigger time" in an automated slack message. it returned the whole time string as GrahamW showed. I used to format by using the following syntax :

<!date^timestamp^token_string^optional_link|fallback_text>

while

• !date indicates the use of special date parsing.
  • timestamp is a number in standard Unix time format, representing the date and time you want to include in your text.
  • token_string provides formatting for your timestamp, using plain text and any of the tokens listed in the original text.

Do appreciate if anyone could offer help how to format the date for "Actual trigger time" or "Expected trigger time". Thank you in advance! 😊

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You can use an automation script to produce the date timestamp as a formatted text string. I give a detailed explanation (including full code) here.

kuovonne_0-1682551797295.jpeg

Using a script means that you can avoid having a helper field that uses NOW() or TODAY(). Avoiding those formula functions is a good idea anyway because NOW() is notoriously inaccurate. Plus, those functions can slow down your base because they recalculate even when no other data in your base has changed.

Oof! Thanks for the reply Kuovonne, but you lost me at 

GrahamW_0-1682560602595.png

Where would I even start entering that in. I am very unfamiliar with scripts... 

ZY

Thanks Kuovonne. Will try out soon. 🙏

@GrahamW wrote:

Oof! Thanks for the reply Kuovonne, but you lost me at 

GrahamW_0-1682560602595.png

Where would I even start entering that in. I am very unfamiliar with scripts... 

Add a scripting action to your automation after the trigger but before where you want to use the formatted date. Then type the script in the scripting editor.

Did you read the full article? It has line by line instructions including where to put that function, and the full code at the end.