cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RIE_HORIUCHI
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

I’m a beginner using an airtable since a week ago.

I run a pet hotel.
When a pet is booked, our staff will record the check-in and check-out dates on the booking table.
Based on this record, I want to automatically create records for all days of the stay in the meal record table.

//////////////////////////////////////////
for example
[Reserved table]
dog name: Charlie
Check-in date: 10/1
Check-out date: 10/3

[Meal record table] automatically create 3records
record1
name: Charlie
Date: 10/1
Meal content: blank (filled in manually by staff after feeding)

record2
Date: 10/2

record3
Date: 10/3

//////////////////////////////////////////

I set a trigger in airtable’s automation, but I don’t know how to set the action.

Is it possible to achieve the above wishes with automation functions?

Are there other more efficient ways?

Best Regards

6 Replies 6

Hi @RIE_HORIUCHI,
I am not aware of a way to create an entry for each day in a range.

I would use an add on called Make.com, it has a learning curve but can do what you are asking.

Hmm, once you get the list of dates in the range, you could create a unique comma separated list of values and paste it into a linked field to the meal plan table, which would create the records for you:

check in

To get the dates, you could write a script for it and there’s a formula for sale here that does this apparently Formula: Extract dates between two date fields

You can also hire me to just set it up for you too

Welcome to the community, @RIE_HORIUCHI !

Just to reiterate what others have said above, the 2 primary ways of doing this would be to:

1. Write a custom JavaScript script yourself, or hire someone to write a script for you.

2. Use an external automation tool that supports this behavior.

I don’t believe that Zapier supports this behavior, so I would also recommend Make.com.

However, as @Vivid-Squid mentioned, Make can be challenging to learn, and your request is a challenging one as well.

So this would be extremely time-consuming for me to type up all the steps you would need here.

But if you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable/Make consultant to help you create this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable/Make consulting — ScottWorld

Hi Vivid-Squid,

Thank you for your reply. I will try the method you suggested first.

Hi Adam_TheTimeSavingCo,

Thank you for your reply. I see, this kind of formula is also on sale. I understand that. The video was also very easy to understand. I will contact you again if I ask you to set it up.

Hi ScottWorld,

Thank you for sorting out the points.
I know very well that my request is not an easy one.
I will consider it again including the budget, so if I ask you, I will contact you again.