176 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ruffruff66
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'm trying to make an automation that will update a field to say if a step is Completed, In Progress, or Not Started based on four checkbox fields.

I'm able to get the field to correctly state when it's not started (when none of the checkboxes are checked) and when it is in progress (when any of the four checkboxes are checked) but I can't seem to overwrite the "In Progress" option when all four checkboxes are checked. I understand why this is happening as technically even if all four boxes are checked the conditions for "In Progress" are met but is it possible to have this condition not be active if all four of the checks are present. Or is there a way to have sequential automations so it could first check if all four checkboxes are checked and if not only then look to see if it's "In Progress"?

I'm very new to automations so I figure there's a way to do this so any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, you can drag-and-drop your conditional actions into the order that you would like, so just make sure that your first condition is the condition that checks to see if all 4 checkboxes are checked.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, you can drag-and-drop your conditional actions into the order that you would like, so just make sure that your first condition is the condition that checks to see if all 4 checkboxes are checked.

Wow it really was that simple. Thank you for your help Scott!

Btw, may I ask why you are using an automation and not a formula?
You could in theory have a formula, given checkboxes ABCD:

IF(
AND(A,B,C,D), 'Completed', IF(
OR(A,B,C,D), 'In Progress', 'Not Started'
)
)