cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aimeric_BEZARD
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,
I am looking for finding a way to create an automation to create record from Outlook mails easily.
The way I was thinking to do it is to move or duplicate an Email in a dedicated folder to “mark” them as “TODO”

The problem is that I can’t manage to find a way to automate this record creation.
I have absolutely no idea on how webhooks are working and if it can do something with outlook and I can’t find any easy answer

Does someone have any idea or any ready-to-work solution?

1 Reply 1

You don’t need a webhook for this. You just need to setup an automation to monitor a specific folder in your Outlook account.

There are at at least 2 easy ways to do this:

1. Use Airtable’s built-in Microsoft Outlook automations to watch a folder that you specify:
  1. Use an external automation platform like Integromat to watch a Microsoft Outlook folder that you specify:

Note that both of these automations will only process a message the first time that you move that message into your watch folder. If you remove the message from your watch folder and then move it back in again, it won’t re-trigger the automation.

However, Integromat gives you the additional option of manually re-triggering your automation for older messages (by date) that may have been sitting in your watch folder for a while, or for messages that have been removed and then put back into your watch folder.