495 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris_Waters
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am trying to set up an automation so that when I tick a checkbox in one record, it updates a status field in the same record - I must be missing something in the help files as for the life of me I can’t find how to do this.

Any help much appreciated!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Generally speaking, Youtubers All About that Base, Ben Green, and Gareth Pronovost have a video for effectively anything this simple for Airtable.

Here’s one from Ben:

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

Automation Trigger:
When a record matches conditions. Conditions: {Checkbox field} = checked

Automation Steps:

1. Type: Update record
    Table: same table you clicked the checkbox
    Record ID: trigger record > record ID
    Fields:
    • {Status} = complete (or whatever)

Hi Kamille
Thanks for this - it is updating the status for me, but with some weird long number, and not the status that I want - Also I can’t really see how to enter exactly what you have put in your answer - the interface I have doesn’t let me do that.
Can you point me in the direction of the best help files for automations as I feel like this is such a simple automation I am kind of wasting your time asking about it

Generally speaking, Youtubers All About that Base, Ben Green, and Gareth Pronovost have a video for effectively anything this simple for Airtable.

Here’s one from Ben:

Thank you - I will watch this (and others) and come back to ask if I am still stuck!

Appreciate your help