291 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mshah72
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Should there be a few second pause between multiple triggers? I have 100 records. Every record has a checkbox for approving. Once I check the checkbox an email automation runs. I have an habit of approving multiple records at the same time. Because of that I am not receiving the email. How much pause should be there between 2 triggers in different records?

2 Replies 2
Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

from your description, there is nothing to make me believe you wouldn't get 5 emails if you clicked on 5 records' checkboxes at the same time.

dilipborad
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hello @mshah72 ,

There is no specific information we have on what is a delay between multiple automation if the same actions happen again. Actually, technically there should be no delay needs for most of the users.

Use some customized delay in your automation Script block. which is waiting for random seconds between 5-10.

function waitRandomSeconds(min, max) {
    // Generate a random number between 5 and 10
    var seconds = Math.random() * (max - min) + min;

// Convert seconds to milliseconds
    var ms = seconds * 1000;

var start = new Date().getTime();
    var end = start;
    while (end < start + ms) {
        end = new Date().getTime();
    }
}
// Call the function
waitRandomSeconds(5-10);

Please also check the limits of the Airtable Script block How to Run a Script Action | Airtable Support

Note:- The delay in automation doesn't affect the starting of the trigger(automation) but it creates a delay in execution so your mail service will have a couple of mili-seconds extra for each automation. Also, make Max delay less than 25 seconds.

For @Dan_Montoya, You've some internal access, Can you please answer this question "How much pause should be there between 2 triggers in different records?"