Help

Re: Periodically send email when data is missing?

906 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scott_Brenner
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a table with four columns: Email address, Thing 1, Thing 2, and Thing 3.

The possible values for the “Thing” fields are “YES” and NULL (empty / no data).

Is there a way to automate a periodic (say, weekly) scan of the table that looks for NULL values and generate an email to the corresponding email address on the row saying which things are NULL?

5 Replies 5

Welcome to the community, @Scott_Brenner!

You could schedule a weekly automation to search for records with NULL values, but the problem is that after Airtable finds those records, you can’t do much with them.

Airtable isn’t yet smart enough to let you send out individual emails to each record unless you write your own custom JavaScript script to handle that.

Unfortunately, it’s one of the limitations of Airtable, and it requires you writing code (or finding someone to help you write that code or finding some code templates that are already pre-written). If you don’t know JavaScript, there are several JavaScript experts on these forums whom you could turn to for help.

For a no-code way of doing this, I personally recommend Integromat, which is a free automation platform (for up to 1,000 operations per month). It’s a very simple point-and-click environment. You don’t need to know any code at all, and they have full support for Airtable.

You can set Integromat to search your Airtable database for null values once per week, and then it can send out individual customized emails to the email address on each record that it finds.

p.s. I am a professional Airtable consultant and an Integromat Partner, and the Integromat link contains my personal referral code. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert consultant to help, please feel free to contact me through my website at ScottWorld.com.

Thanks @ScottWorld - I’ll look into your suggestion tomorrow.

Hmmm, I’ve got Integromat successfully searching the rows, but I don’t see a way to attach a “send an email” action for the selected rows.

You’ll have to connect an email account, such as a Gmail account.

Also, Integromat will automatically loop through each record that it finds on your behalf, so you don’t need to worry about looping through the found records.

You’ll have to connect an email account, such as a Gmail account.

Also, Integromat will automatically loop through each record that it finds on your behalf, so you don’t need to worry about looping through the found records.