cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Webs
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello Everyone,

TLDR:  Can I populate the {to} field in the "send an email" action with a conditional list of email addresses?

I have a user accounts table with typical user account stuff (name, email address, etc.).  In that table there is a single select field to describe each user's role within our org. 

I would like to send an automated email to everyone who matches a specific user role when certain record triggers fire.  I.e.  "When a record is updated, send this email to all users with the role of {team leader}".

The list of users will not be static over time.  Thus, I need automation to read the record data at the time the trigger fires, and fetch the appropriate email addresses for inclusion into the email {to} field.

We are on a pro account.  

TIA

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Webs

Wow I spent hours messing around with this and totally missed the option to include previously searched records into an action step.  Thanks!

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2

Yeap, add a "Find Record" action before your email action to find all the users with the role in question, and then use the results from that action to populate the {to} field

Webs

Wow I spent hours messing around with this and totally missed the option to include previously searched records into an action step.  Thanks!