1641 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fahad_Sheji
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey there, I have a table on Airtable that has multiple forms inside it.
Screenshot_20221106_124416

We send each of these forms at each step of a custom onboarding journey. Some of the fields in these forms are the same, so I would like to know if there is a way to prefill data in forms for users who submitted a form previously in the same table.

4 Replies 4

Hi Fahad, sure, to do that, you’d just need to create a new formula field and use Airtable’s existing form prefill functionality and reference that record’s data

Say Customer 1 submitted a form previously. You could now go to said formula field, grab the link with the prefilled form URL, and then send it to Customer 1

Here’s a base I’ve thrown together and a link to the prefilled form

Hey Fahed,

As mentioned, you can use Airtable’s prefill option.

If you want something easier to use for Airtable prefills, check out our On2Air Forms app. We make updating records much easier. We have a free version of our app and plans to fit various budgets.

You can sign up for access to the new version here

Hey, what formula did you use in the formula column, I am getting an error when I do it, this is what it looks like

Hi Fahad, that’s "https://airtable.com/shrGAHURK7dJmAU1t?prefill_Notes=" & ENCODE_URL_COMPONENT(Notes)

For future reference, to view the formulas, you can duplicate the base by clicking the title of the base at the top of the screen, then the three horizontal dots on the right, and then the “Duplicate Base” button.