cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nelly_Totona
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,

I am currently setting up prefill formulas and everything seems to be fine except for fields with percentage values, they get prefilled with either 0% or 1 %
Kindly advise how to go about this.

Regards,

Nelly

8 Replies 8

Welcome to the Airtable community!

There are probably two related issues.

• Percents are stored internally as decimals. So one hundred percent is stored internally as 1. Zero percent is stored internally as 0.

• The formatting for formula fields that produce numbers often needs to be adjusted. Instead of showing the number as an integer, change the formatting to show as a percent with your desired quantity of decimal places.

If this doesn’t help, can you share some screen captures?

Nelly_Totona

Hi Kuovonne,

Thank you for your response.

Let me share the screenshot to my field config,percentage showing on sample record and percentage showing on a prefiled form

backend sample record %
percentage showing on prefilled form

What happens if you try to prefill with 100 times the value?

The field type is in percentage, so there is no room for inputting the formula(y*100) since it’s not a formula type field

How are you generating the prefilled url? If you are using a formula to generate the prefilled url, you can do the multiplication in the formula that generates the prefilled url.

It creates an error in the formula when i try doing that

formula

Instead of writing {GM LOCAN} * 100, you wrote {GM LOCAN*100}. Meaning Airtable is looking for a field literally named “GM LOCAN*100” which doesn’t exist. You may also have to put that into parenthesis since you are then converting it to a string with &"". So it likely should be ({GM LOCAN} * 100) & ""

Hi @Kamille_Parks ,

This actually worked :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: .Thanks so so much to you and Kuovonne.

% working