443 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
worsin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am pulling in data from a webhook to create entries.  I need to prevent entries from being created if they already exist.

Is there a way to use the Find Records and Conditions to prevent this from happening?

If so perhaps there is a guide somewhere?  This is a very confusing part of Airtable imo.

5 Replies 5

Yeap, just use a "Find Records" action to see if a record already exists with that data, then have a conditional that'll create a new record if it can't find anything.  It'll look something like this:

Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 1.15.37 PM.png

And this is how the conditional's set up:

Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 1.15.34 PM.png

Link to base

Is there any way to prevent the new record from being committed in cases where there is already a value for the index field?

Hmm, sorry, I don't understand the question.  Does "committed" mean "saved" in this context?  What's an "index field"?  Are you also creating records with data from a webhook?

Darren_Kowitt
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes, indexed is a field that must be unique within the table and it speeds up retrieval substantiallyl.

See https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/what-indexing-types-rdbms-nishchal-vaishnav-yewxf/

And, no I'm not creating records using webhooks. Just manually in the user interface.