1045 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
horrorbizz0
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi all! I am reaching out in hope of finding a solution. So I work for a music instrument manufacturer where we track each job (all instrument specifics) in our airtable database. I am trying to find a way to have a price column that calculates as you toggle the different specs of each instrument. Any ideas or solutions here?

Thanks ahead of time!

4 Replies 4
Arthur_Tutt
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hey @horrorbizz0 ! Can you share some screenshots of your current setup and explain more of the mechanics behind 'toggling different specs' ? Curious what you mean by this and how you're building it. Will better help me to provide a better solution. Thanks!

Trying to get each of these to generate their own pricing.

First screenshot is a whole view. Second is an example of a drop down of options.

Thank you!

Sistema_Aotearo
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I'd probably make a formula field for each of your select fields.

use the SWITCH() function to apply a number value to each option.

SWITCH(
    {Neck Wood},
    "Cherry Clear", "50",
    "Maple Clear", "40"

etc

You could then use another formula at the end to add it all together. Or use some as percentages? Depends on your pricing strategies.

Let me know if this works 🙂

Arthur_Tutt
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

@horrorbizz0 I agree with @Sistema_Aotearo that a switch statement is probably your best way of solving this. I recorded a short Loom Video to show you step by step how I'd go about getting this setup and displaying custom pricing. 

Table Setup and expected output:

Screenshot 2023-11-11 142431.png