Help

Re: Project matching with Candidates - Email sent f (expertise)

576 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anthony_Berthon
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

I have 2 tabs :

1 / Freelancer (3 expertises possible) 2 / Projects (3 expertises possible)

I want an email to be automatically sent when at least one the 3 expertises mention in the “Project” matches with at least one of the 3 expertises mentioned in “Freelancer” profile

How to do that as airtable native automations seem too limited for that ?
Indeed specific cells have to match & not columns or lines.

Thank you very much for your helps,

Anthony

4 Replies 4

Currently this would require scripting to make the match between freelancers and projects. You would probably want to scripts–one to match a new freelancer with existing projects, and another to match a new project with existing freelancers.

Do you know how to write code? Are you interested in learning to code? Or do you have budget to hire someone to write code for you?

I take this to mean you don’t consider scripting to be part of those “native” automations?

It has its own environment and everything, which alone makes it as “native” as Airtable features go. What you describe sounds pretty trivial to do, as well. But easy for me to say when I don’t have to relearn JS basics - it only took half my life failing at it and various other languages as a hobby. :grinning_face_with_sweat:

On a serious note, as Kuovonne already suggested, you could get stuck in and probably learn enough to put together a somewhat working script within weeks, if not days, depending on how eager you are. Or hire someone to do it for you and you’ll probably have a reliable script by Friday.

Anthony_Berthon

thanks a lot all for you valuable feedbacks.
We are interesting in learning how to do that, any training suggestions ?
Or do you have any recommendation someone do that for us ?
many thanks
@Dominik_Bosnjak @kuovonne

This depends on your current level of coding knowledge. If you already know how to write code, start with the Scripting documentation. If you do not know how to code, start by learning JavaScript.

If you are interested in hiring me, you can book an appointment to discuss your needs.