cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marino_Casagran
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello everybody !

I would like to set up an RFID card reader system for my fitness center that will be linked to a database.
I would like to have the time when a customer scans their RFID card saved in the corresponding customer line and change his status from something like “Inactive” to “Active”.

Can I do this with Airtable?

I’m kind of a newbie :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks in advance !

4 Replies 4

Hi @Marino_Casagranda
There is no reason this would not be possible but there are other layers besides Airtable that you need access to.

Do you know how to get data from the card reader?

Hey @Vivid-Squid, thanks for your response !

I imagine that when the card is scanned on the reader, the ID written on the card will be displayed in the current column of my Airtable table, like on an excel document. Am I wrong?

(something like this (RFID Demo with Excel, USB Reader and RFID Cards - YouTube))

Hi @Marino_Casagranda
You are correct, the video is similar to what you would like to do. In his video though he does not explain how he is getting the data from the card reader. Its possible that his card reader integrates with excel but it is not mentioned how.
Do you know what brand/model card reader you are using? Maybe ask the company or your IT person that maintains your card reader if there is an API you can access.
Once you know where to get the data and what format it is in you can start to see if you can put it into Airtable.

joe24
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am not so sure either, I am also exploring in this direction, in my case a little different where if one of the staff members of the event scans the tag which will be given to the participants there immediately status will automatically turn into registered. Anyone can give me more advice?