500 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
milhauser
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have this table to track some gym progress.

I have a number of updated values for each record, e.g.:

for a 1 set of 10 for 245 

for b 2 set of 8 for 356

and etc.

there is also column for tracking the latest update.

I need to be able to somehow store the progress/history of this values. So what if i update smth like this:

for a 1 set of 10 for 245 => for a 2 sets of 9 for 250

i could have bouth record in my base

I'm aware about the Revision history function, although it's not providing acces to the information in the most comfortable way

Is there a way, through some formula/automation/etc. to copy the current record each time i'm updating it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Sort of, you'd need to create a new field called "Old value" or something to store it.

You'd then have an automation that would have the following actions when triggered:
1. Creates a new record in another table with the "Old value"
2. Takes the current value and pastes it into the "Old value" field

You might want to consider setting up your base slightly differently though.  For example, you could use a form for this, and it would have one field per set, and so assuming you might do up to 6 sets, you'd have:
1. Field for exercise type
2. Field for number of reps for set 1
3. Field for weight for those reps set 1
4. Field for number of reps for set 2
5. Field for weight for those reps set 2
6. Field for number of reps for set 3
7. Field for weight for those reps set 3
etc etc

And if you needed the data in the format from your screenshot you could use an automation to set it up for you

That way each exercise set is a single record and you're keeping all your history as well

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Sort of, you'd need to create a new field called "Old value" or something to store it.

You'd then have an automation that would have the following actions when triggered:
1. Creates a new record in another table with the "Old value"
2. Takes the current value and pastes it into the "Old value" field

You might want to consider setting up your base slightly differently though.  For example, you could use a form for this, and it would have one field per set, and so assuming you might do up to 6 sets, you'd have:
1. Field for exercise type
2. Field for number of reps for set 1
3. Field for weight for those reps set 1
4. Field for number of reps for set 2
5. Field for weight for those reps set 2
6. Field for number of reps for set 3
7. Field for weight for those reps set 3
etc etc

And if you needed the data in the format from your screenshot you could use an automation to set it up for you

That way each exercise set is a single record and you're keeping all your history as well