248 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lcheung925
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have five tables, each with a list of contacts. I want to identify the contacts who appear on more than one table.  

One setup is: When a contact appears in two or more tables, I want to add this contact to a new "cross-check" table. The new table will have a record with the name of the individual, and the tables this name appears in. This has proven to be really cumbersome to automate.

I just need some simple setup that enables us to easily see who appears on more than one table, and flag when a new contact is added and that person is already on another table. Any creative ideas for this?

Thank you in advance!

1 Reply 1

Try:
1. Creating a new table called "Master" or some such
2. Link this table to your other 5 tables
3. In Table 1, create an automation that will run after the contact name is fully keyed in
  - If you have a better unique identifier here such as email that'd be best
4. Add an "Update record" action that will paste the unique identifier into the linked field to 'Master'
5. Repeat step 3 and 4 for the other 4 tables

Now when you look at 'Master', if a record has more than one filled linked field that's a duplicate

You can now create a formula field that'll check whether more than one linked field is populated, and you can trigger another automation off that to flag stuff whichever way you want