Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeff_Stern
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey there – I’m trying to set up an automation that does the following:

1. Iterate through the rows in an Airtable view
  2. For each row, post a Slack message to a different Slack channel using text from that row. The name of the Slack channel is a field in the view.

Ideally, this workflow would be triggered at a set time every week (eg. Mondays at 9am).

For context, each row contains information about a specific customer account and I’m hoping to share that information in the associated Slack channel.

Wondering what the best approach for this is? Is there some combination of automations/scripts that you’d recommend to get this set up? From what I’ve been able to figure out so far, I would have to set up separate automations individually for each row/channel.

1 Reply 1

This can only be done with custom Javascripts or an external automation tool like Integromat. If you don’t want to dive into scripting, I would highly recommend Integromat because it is a no-code/low-code automation platform, and it has full support for both Slack and Airtable:

p.s. If you have a budget for this project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant & Integromat Partner to help you create this, please feel free to contact me through my website at ScottWorld.com.