4335 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sara
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hi, I read a lot of questions about this topic, but they are really old, so maybe something is changed ( I hope :pray: ).
Is there a way to send the document I created in the page designer extension straight to the attachment field rather than manually downloading it and uploading it to the Attachment field? I don’t have a big budget to pay for external services, but I have a lot of pdf to manage (more than 5k).

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@Sara

As @Greg_F pointed out, this can only be resolved with external 3rd-party services.

There are dozens of different services out there that provide this functionality, such as Documint, Docupilot, PDF Generator API, PandaDoc, pdfFiller, PlumSail Documents, Formstack Documents, DocSpring, PDFMonkey, Anvil, PDF.co, and many more. You could even use plain old fashioned Google Docs or Microsoft Word as well.

All of these would need to be automated in some way. Some of them have native extensions for Airtable. Others would need to be automated by writing your own Javascripts or by turning to a low-code/no-code automation tool like Make.com, which doesn’t require any knowledge of coding. On2Air: Actions can also help with Google Docs and Google Slides.

Note that I do not personally recommend Zapier, because Make.com is more affordable and more powerful and more customizable.

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5

Unfortunately, nothing has changed in these regards.

For me always setting up the blocks in Page Designer was a major pain, so I opted out for using Google Drive based solutions. With Make / Zapier you can easily use Google Docs or Google Slides as a template. Save the filled out template on Google Drive and share as PDF from Drive to Airtable. Office 365 also offers Word document templates, so you might explore it as well.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@Sara

As @Greg_F pointed out, this can only be resolved with external 3rd-party services.

There are dozens of different services out there that provide this functionality, such as Documint, Docupilot, PDF Generator API, PandaDoc, pdfFiller, PlumSail Documents, Formstack Documents, DocSpring, PDFMonkey, Anvil, PDF.co, and many more. You could even use plain old fashioned Google Docs or Microsoft Word as well.

All of these would need to be automated in some way. Some of them have native extensions for Airtable. Others would need to be automated by writing your own Javascripts or by turning to a low-code/no-code automation tool like Make.com, which doesn’t require any knowledge of coding. On2Air: Actions can also help with Google Docs and Google Slides.

Note that I do not personally recommend Zapier, because Make.com is more affordable and more powerful and more customizable.

Shivam_Bhateja
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello, @Sara  Unfortunately, there isn't a built-in feature that allows you to accomplish this directly. However, you can create a template on Google or utilize an existing one. Then, using a no-code tool like Make/Zapier, you can generate a document, convert it, and manage it on Google Drive. Finally, you can upload it to Airtable. By following these steps, you can successfully achieve your objective. I'm here to assist you and share my expertise, as I have successfully implemented the same process for my own business.

I see your image, but I can't create an image to google docs. It always shows an error.(Either values or image URLs are missing!)

WeChat10db31ff9f63d1a9df3696e80a10452f.jpg

WeChatcb1dc3ea904888549a1b572af2d1e5d4.jpg

  

Can you help me?