Help

Re: Send mass email to each record to update fields?

2099 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geoffrey_Harger
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Each record in our Base corresponds to one of our members. I want to send out a mass generic email to each record/member, asking them to review & update their own record’s fields . Does anyone know how to do this in AirTable? Thank you in advance.

5 Replies 5

If this is just a one off, I would make a new Checkbox field, and then build an automation that would send an email once that checkbox field was checked I reckon

Thanks for your reply. So I tried adding the Checkbox field, and building an automation from that (if “Send to Review” is checked, then Send an Email). It looks like I am able to add all the emails in the “To” field, and I can add them to be BCC-ed. However, I am not seeing an option to link the members’ individual record to the automation.
Basically, I want to trigger an email to each member, and in that email, I want it to link to that member’s individual record (so each member who receives an email, updates their own record). Similar to utilizing the “Send Record” function when you right click on a record > “Send Record” , but setting it up to send each member their own record to update. Does that make sense?

Russell_Findlay
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

The trick is to create a form view - let’s call that url

Then you create a formula field In your contacts table which is { url} - call it form

Then you create another field which pre-filled version of the form concatenate {form}, “? - them do the pre fill fields for the form here using field labels when required. - called unique form

Then create an automation that sends an email with this u inquest form url in the email.

Then each person will receive their form.

FinalLy follow the automation advice given - except my suggestion instead of a check box is a date field - then you know when you last sent and you don’t need to worry about unsticking and ticking again.

Hope that helps

That’s a weird one. Not too sure why that’s happening, shoot me an invite to your base if you’d like me to take look at it. In the meantime, I’ve set something up here for you to compare against

Trigger:
Screenshot 2022-07-20 at 12.39.03 PM

Action:
Screenshot 2022-07-20 at 12.39.11 PM

Yeah that makes sense. Do your users have edit access to your base? If so, you could get away with just emailing them the URL of their record and let them edit it via Airtable itself.

If not, this process gets slightly more involved. You’re going to have to create the setup mentioned by Russell where you let your users update their data via forms, and then set up a system to update your main table’s data from those form submissions

This would basically involve you creating a Form table and using automations to either:

1. Completely overwrite data in your People table
  2. Link the form submissions to the People records and using a rollups to get the latest form submission data

Personally, I favour the latter and it’s set up in the base I linked above.

prefill update form

And you’d send that prefilled form URL in the email automation.

I’m available to be hired to set it up in your base for you as well!

Geoffrey_Harger

Thank you both for the recommendations. I tried both of the options that you suggested. However, I started looking into alternative options, and believe that the extension miniExtensions Form via Airtable Marketplace will suffice for what my team is trying to accomplish.
Thanks again for the help.