cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
annslim
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello, 

I recently created a weekly report using the Extension feature's Page Designer. Now I want to send this report every end of the workweek (Fridays) using automation, but could not see a straightforward way to do so. 😞 I have to manually export the report to PDF, manually attach it to my Gmail and manually send it to stakeholders.

Does anyone have a workaround for this?

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Sadly there's no workaround for using Page Designer for this.  There's an action to create a Google Doc via your Airtable data but that's fairly limited, and there are various third party tools that you can use to generate documents from your Airtable data.  Depending on which tool you end up using, your workflow could be to have it generated and sent immediately, or perhaps to have it generated, placed back in Airtable and then sent.

You can check out DocsAutomator for this, and I believe On2Air also has a documents thing that might work?

Sergio
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi!

There are two ways to solve this problem using Plumsail Documents - an application for automatically generating documents from templates:

1. First, as described above, you can use one of the connectors and the application to generate a PDF or other formats of document. The connector can be Make or Zapier, for example.
Zapier or Make will extract the data from Airtable and then populate it into a document template in Plumsail Documents to generate documents.

All that remains to be done is to configure the launch time of scenario/zap and configure the Delivery in Plumsail Documents to specify addresses.

2. The method is much simpler, you can use the Plumsail Documents extension for Airtable. Directly extract data from the Airtable table and generate a PDF document according to the template used. You can read about this integration in Plumsail Documents Documentation 

After adding the Plumsail Documents extension button and delivery method in Plumsail Documents. You just need to click a button to start generating and sending the document.