450 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saintleighjess
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'm trying to create an automated email that will list data from found records from airtable, but look like I actually wrote & formatted it. The goal is to generate an email that looks like this: 

People who are considering: 

Person's Name at Company
Person's Name at Company
Person's Name at Company 

People who have declined: 

Person's Name at Company
This person's comment about why they declined appears below their name.

Person's Name at Company
This person's comment about why they declined appears below their name. 

I figured out how to use the concatenate formula to combine fields and add line breaks etc. to create the above result for each look-up. And I also discovered how to have airtable create a list in an email with only the data from the concatenate fields, and not list the field title each time. (Which didn't look natural, and so won't work for my purposes here.)

To do this, instead of clicking the usual "Insert all records as.. list" option next to grid, I scrolled down and "Made a new list from... Field Values" as shown here: 

Screenshot 2023-04-05 172534.png

The resulting bubble in the email message draft space has an orange magnifying glass icon instead of two grey lines. (See second attached image.) Let's call the orange icon version the "natural list view" versus the "standard list view" as I'm not sure what their official names are.

Screenshot 2023-04-05 173947.png

The resulting text in the email message is almost exactly what I'm looking for, but the data in the "natural list view" is separated by commas instead of line breaks. So it looks like the below, which is okay for the first data set, but obviously doesn't work for the second data set (people who declined), because it makes it look like the comments are attributed to the wrong person. 

People who are considering: 

Person's Name at Company​, ​Person's Name at Company​, ​Person's Name at Company 

People who have declined: 

Person's Name at Company
This person's comment about why they declined appears below​ their​ name.​, ​Person's Name at Company
This person's comment about why they declined appears below​ their​ name. 

So I'm wondering if there is any way to get the "natural list view" to separate data with line breaks instead of with commas?​ (Or if there is a workaround I can do elsewhere to simulate that look?) ​

​Thanks! ​
0 Replies 0