cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NewlyAutomated
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello!

I am wondering if this might be just an Airtable "bug" or if anyone else experiences this issue.

I have a notification system set up through automations. On my data table, I have a formula that will make a list of everyone who needs to be slacked/emailed from the team. Those names are then updated into a User field via an automation. This portion all works perfectly. 

The problem happens sporadically, some team members will receive the notifications just fine, but others on the list won't receive anything at times. The Automation has no failures and even lists the correct users as recipients. I've had everyone check their slack accounts to make sure Airtable is integrated correctly, and it definitely is because they receive other notifications just fine. 

Anyone out there with the same mysterious issue?

1 Reply 1
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I would check to make sure that you’re sending to the right Slack email address, Slack username, or Slack user ID.

Note that the username is different than the display name, which often confuses people. 

You can read more in Airtable’s support article here

If you still can’t get it to work, post a screenshot or a video of your problem.

Also, you can always test your methodologies by using Make’s Slack automations for Airtable. If the same problem occurs there, then it’s something incorrect with how you’re sending the data to Slack.

If you’ve never used Make before, I’ve assembled a bunch of Make training resources in this threadFor example, here is how you would instantly trigger a Make automation from Airtable.

p.s. If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with anything Airtable-related, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld