1412 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim_Stuart
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to split a single pdf into multiple pages using Airtable.

For example, if I add a 20 page pdf to Airtable, is there a way to have 20 rows of single page documents in Airtable automatically without uploading them separately? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Oh, I should also mention that since PDF.co is an API tool, you could also write a JavaScript to access its features, and you could also use a tool like datafetcher.com as well. So you have lots of options to harness its power.

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

You can’t do this natively in Airtable. You would need to use an automation tool like Make.com, along with a PDF splitting tool like PDF.co, to do this:

If you’ve never used these tools before, and you have a budget to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Oh, I should also mention that since PDF.co is an API tool, you could also write a JavaScript to access its features, and you could also use a tool like datafetcher.com as well. So you have lots of options to harness its power.

Thank you, Scott! That is great information, I will take a look at PDF.co. Out of curiosity, I assume that if I had a 20 page document then there would be 20 documents in a single row and cell, is there a way to split up the documents into individual rows in Airtable that you know of? Also, do you know of a way to extract titles from each of the documents automatically?

Thanks so much! You are amazing!

Hi @Tim_Stuart,

Yes to all of the above! You can put each one of the individual pages into its own individual row! And you can extract titles from the documents as well! It’s all possible and it all works like magic! :slightly_smiling_face:

It would take me too long to outline the entire process of setting it all up here, but it should be relatively easy for you to figure out on your own by either using Make.com, DataFetcher.com, or custom scripting.

(And if you just want to hire someone to do all the setup work for you on your behalf, feel free to reach out to me through my website.)