366 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imogenblow
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

 Every line created in the gmail integration adds a paragraph, so when the email is sent, it created huge lines between paragraphs and adds space in between lines. You can see in the inspect tool screenshot attached, it's added <p> without me doing it in HTML inside the extension, so I can't see a way to turn this off. 

Has anyone had experience with this? 

I'd also like to add a signature with a photo, but that seems too much to ask at this point! Is there an extension that allows text rich emails? I've spent 4 hours + searching for a solution to this.

Things I have tried
- Zapier / Make - same clunky HTML email field, and cant seem to insert responsive personalised fields into the email.
- Looked for an airtable extension in Gmail
- tried to paste the email copy as long text in another table, but can't get responsive fields and it's clunky. Also cant do signature.

Screen Shot 2024-01-25 at 12.35.43 pm.png

Screen Shot 2024-01-25 at 12.36.41 pm.png

Screen Shot 2024-01-25 at 12.35.06 pm.png

Screen Shot 2024-01-25 at 12.50.00 pm.png

3 Replies 3
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yeah, the line break thing is an issue. You should be able to workaround the issue by using custom HTML code. You can use <br> for a line break or <p> for a paragraph.

Otherwise, as you suggested above, you can solve this issue by writing your own custom HTML code in Make, and automating your emails that way.

You said you can’t insert personalized fields with Make’s Gmail automations, but that’s exactly what Make is designed to do. You can definitely insert personalized fields. Same thing with inserting a photo in a signature. I do this with my own custom HTML code in Make. You just need to make sure that the image URL is publicly accessible — that’s the trick.

It can take a few hours to learn Make, so I’ve assembled a bunch of Make training resources in this thread that might help you: https://air.tableforums.com/t/make-com-basic-navigation-tips/277

For example, to instantly trigger a Make automation from Airtable, check out this thread on instantly triggering a Make automation from Airtable using a webhook. https://air.tableforums.com/t/sending-airtable-data-to-an-external-webhook-such-as-make-com/159

And Make even created an entire Make Training Academy here.

I also give live demonstrations of how to use Make in many of my Airtable podcast appearances here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbH9iE5ncCk&list=PLqssva4liHRwHhQIpTXekG8WObEoyC2F1

Christian_Gogol
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I had this exact problem. Text that was carefully designed using the Rich Text editor would get wonky formatting once the Rich Text was passed to an email/gmail automation step. Very frustrating.

I was able to solve the problem using a script that forced the Rich Text though a long loop of RegEx replace functions in scripting. If you're still having difficulty with this, reach out to me and I'll see what I can do

Note that if you use Make, you can use their Markdown to HTML module to convert Airtable's rich text fields into HTML for use with emails.

So your scenario could look something like the screenshot below, but this is just an example of what it could look like:

Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 5.46.21 PM.png