78 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user2100
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is there a way to use automation to automatically store a document in the newly created data record for every newly created data record

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alexey_Gusev
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

If your plan including record templates, you can create a template with document and add new records by 'apply template'

Alexey_Gusev_0-1726602694570.png

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
marco_gabriele
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,
If the document is always the same I would do the following:

Let's assume your original Table is called: Table A.

Now Create a new Table (Called Table B) with a primary field (called Name - You can populate this field with whatever you need) and just an additional Attachment Field (called "attachement Field") where you will manually upload the document you want to be automatically uploaded.

Then create in the original Table a Linked Record to the "Table B" and add a Lookup Field that refers to the "Attachment Field". 

(now you can hide the Linked record to Table B)

Now create the following automation.

Trigger: Table A - When a record is created

Actions:
Action 1:  Find Record: Table B - Conditon: Attachment Field: not empty - Maximum record limit: 1
Action 2: Update Record: Table A - Fields: Linked Record Table B - populate with: Field values / Name

This Automation uploads to every created record in Table A the same document (uploaded in Table B)

Thanks for the helpful answer. That's what I'll do. the document is an editable PDF file, a checklist to tick off. Is it actually possible to fill out an editable PDF directly in airtable and save it straight away?

marco_gabriele
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Good to know that this solution work for you! 🙂

Regarding your seocnd question, I am afraid, that this is possible to edit and save a document directly in Airtable.

Alexey_Gusev
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

If your plan including record templates, you can create a template with document and add new records by 'apply template'

Alexey_Gusev_0-1726602694570.png