660 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peter_Borg
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’m trying to create an automation that updates a record in one table based on a trigger in a different table (same base). The trigger table row contains the key to find the record in the action table. So I use the ‘find records’ automation action.

Problem is, I cannot specify my key. I’ve selected the ‘Dynamic’ option as shown in screen print, which gives me the blue cross so I can inspect and select items from my trigger record. But when I click through to the column with my key I don’t have the option to ‘insert’ the value. Instead I can ‘continue’ to the columns properties and can ultimately insert the length property, but not the value itself. The column is a formula. Am I missing something here?Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 11.55.43 am

1 Reply 1

You’re not missing anything. Currently formula output can’t be inserted into that part of the “Find records” action. This definitely feels like an oversight (or possibly a bug). I suggest writing to Airtable support to report this issue.

There might be another way to pull this off depending on the design of your base. Are these two tables linked using link fields?