Help

Welcome to the Airtable Community! If you're new here, check out our Getting Started area to get the most out of your community experience.

Time and Date Stamp For Time Trackers

Topic Labels: Automations
140 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to get a time and date stamp on when the time tracker app was started and was stopped?

Specifically I want to track what day I worked on what and how long. So on Tuesday I did invoices for 3 hours but on Wednesday I only worked on them for an hour. And last week I worked on invoices 5 hours in total but this week I only worked on them for 2 hours.

I know the example above will require multiple functions, but I am stuck on getting a start and stop time linked to a task and date that is not dynamic and won’t change every time I work on that task again. I’m not sure if that makes sense.

2 Replies 2

Hi @Abby_Skrabak, have you tried using the Last Modified Time field and specified the duration field you’re using to track the time? That field will always be overwritten when there is a change on the field, but maybe you can work with that (create an automation to log out time stamps in a separate table for instance).

Yeah I was trying to figure that route out. I’m not very well versed in the “change view automation,” is there some how I can send the last modified information over to a different view? I was also thinking if there was a way you could do a conditional to not do something, or to change a dynamic to a static.