cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattniemitz
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi folks - 

I have an application review process set up in Airtable and we're using an interface as the review experience and then a series of automations to process the applications based on the scoring from the reviewers. 

We need a reviewer to be able to batch process multiple applications at once by clicking a button on the interface which then triggers an automation with multiple action steps (see the attached screenshot of the automation). 

The input for the repeating group is a list of records and when I tested that, it pulls the correct records. But for some reason, when the button on the interface is pressed, it only processes one record at a time and does not repeat the action steps for all records in the list. 

Any ideas why this isn't working?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hmm, here's a link to a base with an interface that has a record picker with a button set to an automation.  The automation has a Find Record step that feeds into a Repeating Group that creates one record per found record which creates multiple records

Screen Recording 2023-05-02 at 3.30.54 PM.gif

So your automation should run fine I think.  Could you provide access to an example base with your automation set up or screenshots of your automation setup?

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

Hmm, when you go to the run history for the automation, are the right records pulled in for "Find record' action? 

Yes, the right records are pulled. 

I think the issue here is that on the interface, the button needs to have a source, which must be a record picker. The record picker only picks one record at a time. Even if I put the button to run the automation on an open record, it will only process for that single record. 

So, I am not sure there is a way around this if I want the automation to run based on clicking a button. Anyone have any ideas?

Hmm, here's a link to a base with an interface that has a record picker with a button set to an automation.  The automation has a Find Record step that feeds into a Repeating Group that creates one record per found record which creates multiple records

Screen Recording 2023-05-02 at 3.30.54 PM.gif

So your automation should run fine I think.  Could you provide access to an example base with your automation set up or screenshots of your automation setup?

mattniemitz

Thanks for your help! I solved it. The issue was that the variables to choose which records to run the automation  on (record ID and email address) weren't set to pull from the List of records, they were pulling from the broader table. So, when I changed that, it processed more than one record.