1367 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jed_Davidow
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have two tables, one is Parts and the other is Updates.

For every Part, there are 1 or more updates linked to that part.

The updates have a “Type” field, and can be one of several types of updates. For this, I am concerned with “Test” and “Test Request” .

Basically, someone can add a record that is a Test Request. This causes the update record to show up in a queue so that our operators know to test the part.

When the part is tested, I use the API to add a Test update to the same table.

But when this happens, I want to check off a field in the original Test Request Record, “Fulfilled”. I don’t need to link the two records at the moment.

But the question is, how do I find the id of the Test Request Record when the Test comes in?

(When a new update is made and it’s of Type=Test, I want to check off all the Test Requests for that same part)

3 Replies 3
Nathaniel_Grano
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

You can use the Find Records action before your Update Records action.

In Find Records, specify as many conditions as you can to identify the row that needs to be checked off. Like:

• Type is Request
  • Fulfilled is unchecked
  • Part is [partID from the trigger step]
  • Note contains ‘RETEST’

Then in your Update Records step you can select the ID from the Find Records step.
One cavaet here is that this will probably fail if you can’t narrow your Find Records down to a single record based on the conditions.

Jed_Davidow
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thank you!

I got it working, but now have a slight issue…

Sometimes there are no records in the search. In that case, I don’t want to do anything at all.

BUT apparently this will cause a failure and I get an error message.

Can I turn that off for this automation? Or can I have it not error when Find Records doesn’t find anything?

You should be able to achieve this if you make your Update Records action as a Conditional action and as the condition specify that Length of Records from the Find Records step should be greater than 0.