cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benjamin_Watrou
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi everyone,
Has anyone found a way to automatically update MULTIPLE records depending on updates or conditions changing for those records in another field?
Thanks!
Ben

8 Replies 8

Either set your automation to trigger for each record upon its changes (results in the Automation running once per effected record), or handle bulk updates in a single Automation through a script.

Thanks Kamille. With custom automations you have to identify a unique record ID for each action to trigger, therefore what your saying is to specify each record ID per automation then?

No, I’m saying have an Automation set to trigger “When a record is updated” and use a single Update Record step to update the trigger record’s field values. The Automation will run once for each record that gets updated.

Benjamin_Watrou
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks. Once I turned it on, it updated the previous trigger steps record field when I made a change to that record’s trigger field.

It was supposed to insert a shareable image, pulled from Google Drive using a URL. Unfortunately, the .png files aren’t appearing as images, just files:

Do you know why that is and how I might have the images show up instead? My goal is to have these images directly integrated with a front-end interface, so image type, quality, and size are important.

.png’s should appear as thumbnails/images according to this support page. Did you try bigger row height? :man_shrugging:

Looks like that simple setting change downloaded the images!
Thanks a lot!

Benjamin_Watrou
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

JFAI, Airtable support confirmed issues with GDrive files: “I did some more digging internally and there is an existing issue with uploading Google Drive URLs to an attachment field that can cause intermittent failures. That might have been what you encountered here (since the row height should not affect this behavior at all)”

Aha, thanks for sharing and never mind my previous comment then :thumbs_up: