cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mely
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have two tables:

Table A: Populated from a form from an external source. It has 3 columns: Customer Name, Customer ID and Entry Date.

Table B: Contains 10 columns of customer information, including Customer Name, Customer ID and Completed. Options for the completed field are Yes/No.

I want to update the Completed field in Table B to “Yes” whenever a customer completes the form/a new entry is added to Table A.

I’ve gotten close and can do it manually by creating a linked field of Customer ID, but is there any way to do it with an automation? I feel like I’m missing something simple.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Reply 1

Welcome to the community, @Mely! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: This can be done via automation, but doing so will require a script action, which is only an option if your base is in a Pro-plan workspace or higher. In short, the automation would trigger on a new record appearing in [Table A]. The script would run, read the customer ID from that new record, then search for that ID in [Table B]. If found, it would update the [Table B] record. If not, it would just exit without doing anything.

Eventually the hope is that Airtable will add support to automations for conditional logic, which would mean that this could be done without a script. Until that happens, scripting is the only method I’m aware of that would allow this to work cleanly.

If you’d like help with the script and have a budget for hiring a developer to write it, message me and we can discuss the details.