Help

Update Record when date is before today– Not working on existing records, please assist

Topic Labels: Automations
Solved
Jump to Solution
628 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jessica_Pena
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello Community,

I am having an issue with an automation and would love some guidance. The automation is intended as follows (w/ pics below).

Trigger: When Production Status field IS “Scheduled”
AND Review Status field IS “Approved”
AND Publish Date field (actually called Archived Publish Date in my table) IS “before today”

Action: Update records’ Production Status to “Live”

I can see that the tests are working, and the automation triggers when I add a new record meeting the above conditions, but when I run the automation, nothing changes to my existing records meeting those conditions. I was really hoping that it would update all pre-existing “Scheduled” records to “Live” to save time on data entry.

Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 10.45.52 AM
Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 10.46.30 AM

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

Automations triggered by “when record meets conditions” will only ever trigger for records who began to meet those conditions after the Automation was turned on, as you’ve noticed. You cannot change this behavior.

That being said, all you have to do is turn the Automation on, ‘cut’ the values from the {Production Status} or {Review Pipeline} fields, and ‘paste’ them back in. Your Automation will then fire (several times, once per record edited).

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

Automations triggered by “when record meets conditions” will only ever trigger for records who began to meet those conditions after the Automation was turned on, as you’ve noticed. You cannot change this behavior.

That being said, all you have to do is turn the Automation on, ‘cut’ the values from the {Production Status} or {Review Pipeline} fields, and ‘paste’ them back in. Your Automation will then fire (several times, once per record edited).

Jessica_Pena
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Thanks very much @Kamille_Parks!