1281 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sierra_Goss
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a table that includes a task list. When a record is created in the main table, it adds a record to the task list as a new contact.

Once the record is contacted, I would like the user to be able to check a complete field.

Once the field is checked as complete, I would like my Airtable Automation to update a single select field to First Contact Initiated in the main table.

I cannot find a way for the automation to update the record in the main table, when the task record is marked as complete.

If anyone can help, that would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

1 Reply 1

This is done via an automation, right? If I were you, I would create a link between the Task List table to the Main table, and modify the automation to create a link between the two records

The automation you’re using to update the single select field in Main can now refer to that link.

Here’s a working version. To view the setup (formulas, automations etc), duplicate the base by clicking the title of the base at the top of the screen, then the three horizontal dots on the right, and then the “Duplicate Base” button.