264 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Day1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have two tables set up. One lists a host of project related risks (Table A), the other is a database of risk summaries (Table B)

Table A has a formula field which calculates a risk number (integer output) based on some user inputs in that table. There is a column next to this which I would like to output a Text response based on the calculated risk number. This text response is stored in a column in Table B.

The link between the two tables is the Risk Number. Table B is a database of all the risk numbers and their associated data points (i.e. explanations, text outputs etc.). Each row in Table A will have a changing risk number as the project develops and as such, will need to “pull in” a text response stored in Table B each time.

I can’t work out how to pull the text from another table based on a calculated value in the other. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated!!

1 Reply 1

Hello and welcome @Michael_Day1!

I believe a Lookup field should do exactly what you are looking to do. Using a lookup field you will be able to lookup information from records that are linked across tables.

If you find yourself needed to perform any operations on the information you are pulling from one table to another I recommend looking into the Rollup field.

Let me know if I can help provide any more information, and if this helped answer your question please mark it as the solution :white_check_mark: .