1276 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JaclynB
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have a work date formula in the 'end date' column.

IF(AND({Start Date},{SLA (days)}), WORKDAY({Start Date},{SLA (days)}))

When someone changes the SLA number, start dates and end dates changed because I setup a dependency automation.

However, I'm seeing that some of the end dates are on weekends even though there is a work day formula in the end date column. 

Any insight? 

Also including a screenshot of the dependency roll up. 

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @JaclynB 

Sincere apologies for the delay in response here! I wasn't alerted that you had responded on this thread. We are working with our vendor in order to prevent this from happening again in the future. In the meantime, please feel free to @mention the user who responded to you in your response so that an email is triggered.

I see that you wrote into our support team regarding these issues and they have been handled! I'm happy to reiterate the response from our support team here in case anyone else has the same question!

The formula that ended up working best for your inquiry was:

IF(AND({start date},{SLA Test}), DATETIME_FORMAT(WORKDAY({start date},{SLA Test}),'L'),"n/a")

In regards to the desired field visibility on linked records, the order and visibility of fields in the linked record picker are based on the order of fields in the view at the top of the view switcher of the table it's pulling from. You can use the drag handles in that menu to change which view is in this top position, and easily rearrange the order of fields in that view from the "hide fields" menu. 

Note: The sidebar separates personal views from collaborative views, but there's an underlying "view order" containing both types. If your desired view is a personal view, but the field order isn't appearing as desired in the linked record, try temporarily changing the personal view to a collaborative view (so they're listed together), reordering the desired collaborative view to the top, then reverting the changed view back to a personal view.

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5
Vic_Airtable
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JaclynB 

Would you mind providing some screenshots of your table, so that I can see the field names/types that you're referencing? It would be helpful to see a few records including where the formula is calculating properly and where it's not. Would you also be able to provide a bit more information on the automation you're using in conjunction with this formula?

Thanks, and I'll keep an eye out for your response!

JaclynB

Thank you so much for your help. 

I also noticed when trying to add an existing record in the 'Dependent On' field, there are multiple owners who have similar projects (see screenshot). Is there an additional filter or view that will also add the owner's name, so that when selecting the dependent on field, it updates? If I select the project but the owner is not me for example, the dependencies will not update. I only realize iIm not the owner when I've already selected the project and expanded it.

JaclynB

Hello, any follow up on these issues? 

Thank you!

Hi @JaclynB 

Sincere apologies for the delay in response here! I wasn't alerted that you had responded on this thread. We are working with our vendor in order to prevent this from happening again in the future. In the meantime, please feel free to @mention the user who responded to you in your response so that an email is triggered.

I see that you wrote into our support team regarding these issues and they have been handled! I'm happy to reiterate the response from our support team here in case anyone else has the same question!

The formula that ended up working best for your inquiry was:

IF(AND({start date},{SLA Test}), DATETIME_FORMAT(WORKDAY({start date},{SLA Test}),'L'),"n/a")

In regards to the desired field visibility on linked records, the order and visibility of fields in the linked record picker are based on the order of fields in the view at the top of the view switcher of the table it's pulling from. You can use the drag handles in that menu to change which view is in this top position, and easily rearrange the order of fields in that view from the "hide fields" menu. 

Note: The sidebar separates personal views from collaborative views, but there's an underlying "view order" containing both types. If your desired view is a personal view, but the field order isn't appearing as desired in the linked record, try temporarily changing the personal view to a collaborative view (so they're listed together), reordering the desired collaborative view to the top, then reverting the changed view back to a personal view.

JaclynB
  1. Thank you so much @Vic.

1. Can you show me how to include holidays within that formula? 
    2. How do I add days off in this formula? For example, we have July 3rd-7th off.
    3. Also, what does the 'L' stand for?