633 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
claimdepot
5 - Automation Enthusiast

It would be awesome if Airtable added 'This Year' and 'This Month' to the filters. This way, I could create a view of records, like expenses or invoices, that apply to this month or year. 

I'm actually surprised this is not already a feature. It seems like it would be a simple addition. 

2 Replies 2
Albie

Agreed! One work-around that can work for the 'month filter', is to add a formula field with the formula:

IF({your date field name here},
  DATETIME_FORMAT({your date field name here}, 'MMMM'))

Where 'your date field name here' is your date field (of your expenses or invoices) you want to convert to a month. You can then add a filter to filter on 'contains' or 'is' October for example.

Duplicate the formula field and change the forumla from 'mmmm' at the end to 'yyyy' and it will display the year from your date field. Then you can run a filter on that field too.

Bit of a schlep and not as easy as just having the options in the filters, but if you want the functionality, then you can set it up - which is what I am doing just now with one of tables, filtering on the Month.
JamieH_moon
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

wondering if I can take this a step further and filter by weeks - maybe somehow naming the weeks 1-52?