967 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Glenn_Fick
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have a “Trade” field that I share between Contacts and companies. The issue I have is when a contact or company does multiple Trades ( ex- demolition and excavation ). I want to be able to use the same list of “Trades” on individual Bids they are submitting on each job, but I don’t know how to carry over just the appropriate Trade label for each bid. I was thinking us setting up a separate table of “Trades”, but not sure exactly how that would work either.

2 Replies 2

I’m not quite sure that I understand the setup of your system. Here’s what I’ve got so far…

You have at least two tables: [Contacts] and [Companies]. In both tables you’re using (guessing) a multiple-select field named {Trades}, where you can choose appropriate trades for each contact/company.

Now there’s possibly a third table named [Bids], where you’re linking to records from the [Contacts] and [Companies] tables when setting up each bid.

Am I interpreting this correctly so far?

Using that current setup, you can add a lookup field (or two) to [Bids] to pull in the values from the {Trades} field using the contact and/or company links.

Is that going to work? If not, could you provide more detail about the specific setup of your base, and what field data you’d like to make available in the [Bids] table when building bids?

Glenn_Fick
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I added a separate field named “Trade Bidding” linked to the Trades table and brought in just the trade they were bidding in that specific instance. seems to do what I need.