471 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Linh_Do
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi everyone! I’m relatively new to Airtable, and wanted to get your advice on my base design (and if it’s even possible).

Context: I am running a selection process that involves a written application stage with a pool of 11 different assessors; and then an interview stage with a pool of 14 different people. People applied using another applicant tracking system, but I can export that as a CSV for Airtable. I have already done this just to test it out, in what I’ll call Base 1.

What I’m looking to do:

1. Each applicant will have had 2-4 written and numerical reviews, what is the best way to upload these assessments? Would it be within Base 1, but a different table?

How would I link these comments to the applicant’s record? I would like to be able to do this so that we are sharing someone’s application and the assessor’s notes with the interview panel; and so that we can calibrate across different people’s assessments too.

I am not familiar with Airtable, but in my mind it doesn’t make sense to just copy/paste all of the comments into a long text field. Even every assessment was a new record, I would like a way to “neatly” see what everyone has said about one candidate and potentially compare that against others…

1. I have created Base 2 for scheduling interviews with our shortlist. Once the applicant has selected their time; am I able to just link that record (i.e. their interview time) with their application in Base 1?

2. I plan on giving the selection panel access to Base 2 (and maybe 1) so that they can see the interview schedule as it relates to them, the application and previous assessor notes.

As we do the interview, there will be 4 people on a panel, and again, it would be great if they could be filling in a form as they go that then gets populated into Airtable. (I think that a form is the best way to do this).

Is this best set up through another Base, a table within one of the bases I have already set up? Would I just link records?

All advice would be very much welcome. I hope I’ve explained myself clearly. Thank you!

1 Reply 1
Linh_Do
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Idea - would it make sense to have it all in the one table, where I have application ID the same; but then create a new field (assessor / applicant). So when I group by ID … I would see everything?