Help

Re: Auto-add leads to various pipeline tables in CRM based on selections in Table-1

760 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Damon_Kornhause
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi all,
I’m building a CRM base. We offer multiple products with different pipeline journeys for each product.
End goal is to be able to select/add a specific journey (pipeline) to a contact record (in a “pipelines” field of Table-1) and when a specific pipeline is selected, they are auto-added to another table that contains all the data for that pipeline.

So Bob gets added to the master, and salesperson adds Widget-A to their “interested in” field. Bob is then auto added to the Widget-A pipeline where those stages and other data are managed.

I HAVE created views in the “master” for each widget, but can’t figure out how to auto add those to a new table.

Thanks in advance!

4 Replies 4

I don’t know if you want to add those to another table. Ideally, you would just create different views in your current table; each view filtered to a different pipeline.

Thanks for chiming in!
The first half of that makes sense, and I’ve easily filtered the grid by pipeline into narrower ranges.
My question is now about each of the sales journeys for each SEPARATE pipeline. Each is different.
SO… Is it better to create a field for each pipeline on the “Master” table for each record, and then have a kanban for that pipeline as a separate view?
At what point does a single table just get unruly and inefficient?
At the moment I’m keeping a lot of data on each contact in that “master” table and its just growing.
Is that best practice? Noob question for sure, but trying to parse easy/effective/future-thinking.

Thanks again!

You can hide the fields that you don’t want to see on each view, to prevent it from getting unruly. A Kanban view is also based on a single-select field in a single table, so ideally you would want to keep your records in a single table.

I discuss best practices in my free LinkedIn Learning training course entitled “Learning Airtable”, which you can watch free for 30 days:

However, if you really want to manage your records across a variety of tables, that isn’t fully possible to do natively with Airtable’s built-in Automations, because you can’t delete records from the tables that you don’t want them in anymore.

You would need to turn to JavaScript, or you could use a no-code/low-code automation tool like Integromat:

p.s. I am a professional Airtable consultant and an Integromat Partner, and the Integromat link contains my personal referral code. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert consultant to help, please feel free to contact me through my website at ScottWorld.com.

Thanks for the wealth of this, Scott! I’ll take a look!