1156 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JEANNINE
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello all. I'm a total newbie so forgive me for my simple question.
I'm building my TMS for my hotshot trucking business, when I created "expenses" field I can't figure out how to formulate or date or maybe some other way im not aware of, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly expenses so my end of quarter and YTD calculations are correct.
Can someone please give me some guidance?
Much appreciated!

5 Replies 5
bruceconsulting
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Best way to find your expenses within any given time frame is by creating table Views or Interfaces. 

If you would like some help with this, feel free to schedule some time with me.  Here's my Calendly link: https://calendly.com/d/zx6-f64-dkr/30-minute-meeting 

Hm, could you provide some screenshots of your table now as well as examples of how you'd like the data in the screenshots to eventually be displayed please?

Hey Jeannine,

What you'll need to do is create another table, label it Reports, then use a linked record field from your Expenses to your Reports table. This will allow you to summarize every expense record from your Expenses table.

Here's a tutorial on how to create Summary Reports in Airtable.

https://on2air.com/resources/airtablesummaryreport/

This looks great but my issue is i dont want to manually input "recurring expenses" and i want it to calculate my expenses by when they are due....weekly, monthly, quarterly ect ect. 

This way i have a true calulation of my expenses each quarter.

Hi Jeannine, you can do this with an automation.  Use a formula field to display the month, quarter or year value of that record, and use the automation to copy that value into a linked field to the appropriate table.

Here is a template that you can use

Screenshot 2023-02-10 at 1.26.56 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-10 at 1.27.30 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-10 at 1.27.01 PM.png