Help

Re: Best Way to Set Up Workspaces, Bases, and User Permissions for Marketing Team

Solved
Jump to Solution
2000 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jason_Eskin
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello!

I have a question about the best way to set up workspaces and bases for our marketing department. Our department has five digital marketing teams, each digital marketing team has different social media editorial calendars to manage, which we're going to use Airtable bases for. People from the different teams should not be able to see the bases/calendars outside of their own team. Let's say the company is "Company A," each team is named "Team 1," "Team 2" etc and each social medial calendar is called "Base A" "Base B" Base C" etc.

How would we best set up our workspace and bases. Should there be a workspace for each team, completely siloing each of them (with bases for each calendar within the workspace)? Or should there be one workspace for all five teams, with bases each all social media calendars? If we were to do that, is it possible to add all teams to the workspace, but relegate their visibility only to specific bases?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

if you go with only one workspace, then you will need to add users only to individual bases and not add them to the entire workspace. Users will have access to only the bases you explicitly share with them.

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

Do you have an enterprise license? If not, you will have to pay per user per workspace. That means if anyone needs access to more than one workspace, you will be paying twice for the same person.

Jason_Eskin
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

We do not yet, but we've been exploring it. I guess at this point, I'm looking more at the organization of it all given how permissions work within Airtable. Should ALL team bases be within one workspace and, if so, can I make it so only certain people have access to certain bases? Or, if you're in a workspace, you automatically have visibility into all workspaces.

If you use a single workspace, you will need to share bases individually in order to keep info private. Anyone with access to the entire workspace will be able to see all the data in all the bases.

if you go with only one workspace, then you will need to add users only to individual bases and not add them to the entire workspace. Users will have access to only the bases you explicitly share with them.