393 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Erin_Alter
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

i have a linked record field that links to another table. the linked field in Table A does NOT have the "allow linking to multiple records" toggled on. The corresponding field in Table B also does NOT have the "allow linking to multiple records" toggled on. and yet, i can link to multiple records. 

In Table B, i can select a record in Table A that already has a different record linked from Table B. Then when i go over to Table A, i have two records linked in a field that is clearly not supposed to allow this. 

is this a known issue? is there a way to prevent it? 

if it is a known bug/"feature", are there standard suggestions for ways to work around it? i don't want to try and work around it, if i can just prevent it. but if it can't be prevented, what is the point of offering that toggle option at all?!

1 Reply 1
AlliAlosa
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

The toggle is - unfortunately - superficial. What you’ve discovered is one way for a user to get around the setting. You can also paste multiple values into the field and it will allow linking to multiple records.

One easy way to help would be to go to Table B and configure the linked record field on that side (using the new filter option) to only allow linking to records where the field in Table A is empty.