690 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ashley_Jackson
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I manage an organization which hosts various events and we'd like to use Airtable to track RSVPs and attendance at these vents.  Some of our events are open to the local community while others are for members only.  I have created an Events table which includes a checkbox to indicate which events are open to the community.

Now I'd like to create a form for RSVPs that conditionally shows a field for respondents to indicate the number of guests a person is bringing (think +1s) ONLY when the event chosen in the form is open to the public?

Does anyone know a way to make this work???  Thanks so much!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Can you adjust the primary field of the [Events] table so that it is a formula that includes a special keyword or symbol for public events? Then you can use conditional fields in the form based on the event field. Conditions must be based on the field value, not a lookup of a linked record.

Another options is to have two forms: one with the extra field and another without. Then use the version of the form that fits the event. (Filter the linked record field to a view that only shows appropriate events. )

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Can you adjust the primary field of the [Events] table so that it is a formula that includes a special keyword or symbol for public events? Then you can use conditional fields in the form based on the event field. Conditions must be based on the field value, not a lookup of a linked record.

Another options is to have two forms: one with the extra field and another without. Then use the version of the form that fits the event. (Filter the linked record field to a view that only shows appropriate events. )

I did a quick test of your first suggestion and I think I can make that work!  The second option wouldn't work bc I need it all to be contained in one common form.  Thanks so much for the ideas!!!