cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clement_Lapierr
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello everyone,

I want to allow a list of people (whose information are already stored in a table) to book different events in a Calendar they could access. The booking system would allow them to see all upcoming events, and register to the ones that we still have availabilities for (let's say 5 participants maximum per event for example).

I had access to the "No-Conflict Asset Reservations" template, and it seems promising, but it implies that the Assets will be available 24/7, whereas I would like to let people choose among a list of pre-defined slots.

All the registrants will be pre-existing records in my "People" tab. Ideally, I would like the process for them to be:

1. They receive a unique link to a view/interface they can bookmark and share internally.
  2. They open this, and see the event they want to take part in. The number of participants is displayed next to an event, and only events where we still have slots remaining are visible. (In a perfect world, they could even toggle between a Calendar and Grid view and filter by Event Type, but that might be asking too much and is just icing on the cake).
  3. They fill a form, and the system locates them in the "People" tab.
  4. After the event has passed, the system ticks a box saying "participated to Category A" event, or B or C according to event type.

Is there anything I could work with ? Interfaces maybe ?

Thank you very much in advance !

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Hmm, if they're paying collaborators, yeah Interfaces would probably work great for this

If they're not paying...then a shared view with a form would probably be the way to go

If I were you I'd provide a shared view that shows all of the available events, and I'd have a button field in that view that would open a form.  This form would have a text field where the user could input their email address and a linked field for the user to select from a list of available events

I'd also have an automation that would trigger when a form was submitted, and it would link the form submission to the correct person based on their email address

---
> After the event has passed, the system ticks a box saying "participated to Category A" event, or B or C according to event type.
For this, I'd create a formula field to check whether the date of the event has passed, and if it did it would output text like "Has passed" or something, which would in turn trigger an automation that would update stuff appropriately

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Hmm, if they're paying collaborators, yeah Interfaces would probably work great for this

If they're not paying...then a shared view with a form would probably be the way to go

If I were you I'd provide a shared view that shows all of the available events, and I'd have a button field in that view that would open a form.  This form would have a text field where the user could input their email address and a linked field for the user to select from a list of available events

I'd also have an automation that would trigger when a form was submitted, and it would link the form submission to the correct person based on their email address

---
> After the event has passed, the system ticks a box saying "participated to Category A" event, or B or C according to event type.
For this, I'd create a formula field to check whether the date of the event has passed, and if it did it would output text like "Has passed" or something, which would in turn trigger an automation that would update stuff appropriately

Joel_Andrews1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I'm looking for the same thing, basically. We currently manage event registration through Zoom, and we have a shared calendar view that shows upcoming events. When the user clicks on an event, there's a "Register" button that goes to the event registration page in Zoom. But what I'd like to do is just manage all registration in Airtable, and have that "Register" button go to an Airtable form where they just fill in their name, email, and one or two other fields, then submit. That submitted record should be automatically connected to the event on the calendar that they selected. This last bit is the tricky part that I can't figure out. 
The other option (which I don't think is currently possible), would be to have a form with a built-in calendar field that lists the details of upcoming events, from which they could select. When I add a linked field that connects to our Events table on the form, it just lists the names of the events, with no option to view more details such as time or date.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

I guess that is the best way to do it without the users having paid account, thank you !