698 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John_Donovan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would like to, in a single Base, create a list of Projects with associated Tasks and their assignments, status, and status dates - then copy that Project and its related Tasks for use on a new Project.

We would like to track multiple Projects, which have similar sets of Tasks, without having to create and link all of the Tasks every new Project. They cannot share the same Tasks, as each Task (for each Project) requires its own assignment, status, and dates. Shared Tasks do not provide this.

I have reviewed the documentation and have not found a way to do this in Airtable. Is it possible?

Thank you in-advance.

3 Replies 3

Hey John,

Welcome to the Airtable community!

Check out this article. You can set up an automation that generates a list of Tasks for each new project you create. The tasks are automatically linked to the specific project.

Hi,

do you need to contain all those Projects in a single base?
I would create ‘template base’ with Projects and Tasks tables, and then copy 2 tables to ‘working base’ by sync (option “Copy this data into a new table that you can edit”).
Copied tables will be named according to view for sync.
recreate links - very simple. During sync, linked field became text, just turn it back to ‘linked’ (and remove in other table)

for ‘every Project in it’s own base’ solution is very easy - just restore last snapshot(s)

Yes, Projects are in a single base and in a single table. Tasks are in the same base in another table.

Multiple bases is most likely not the correct solution. All Projects and Tasks should be in 1 base. Then use something like Single-select fields to label Projects or Tasks as a certain type, like ‘Website Project’ or ‘Design Project’.

Once you do that, you can use filters to create custom views that show only specific Projects/Tasks or types of Projects/Tasks. That way, you don’t see everything at once, only what matters most.

@John_Donovan