Help

Re: Entering Consecutive/Multiple Days off for the resource Utilization view.

677 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danarone
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have a "Task" Table with a Timeline View to track my employees’ resource utilization. So far I love the tool!  BUT... I am running into a major limitation when I try to enter multiple “Days Off”.  To my knowledge, the “Days Off” Date field can contain only one Date. Is that true?

Multiple days off must be entered individually in my “People” table, then linked to a Lookup Field in my “Tasks Table” which populates a date field with all days off as comma separated dates.  

The problem with this approach is that most employees take multiple, consecutive days off, not individual days.  I don't want to have them enter each day one-at-a-time for a 5 day vacation.  Ideally I would use a form with a date range (Vacation Start—Vacation End) and let the system do the calculation for the Utilization.

Am I making sense? If so, does anyone know if there is a solution to this issue?

the view timeline with the utilization bar 

Thank you,

1 Reply 1
Vic_Airtable
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there! At this time it is only possible to enter days off one at a time (not in a range) when using the Timeline Utilization feature. I can definitely see how being able to add a range would be helpful and a great addition to the product. I encourage you to post this idea in the Product Ideas section as I am sure others might be looking for similar functionality.

In the meantime, to speed things up, I recommend either duplicating records to enter multiple days or using the fill handle to populate data across multiple records.