271 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrW
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have created a form to create new Project records. Each project requires a unique ID which matches a particular format (XXXX-000).

How can I make sure that no-one uses an existing unique ID when filling out the form? I really need to avoid duplicate Projects, as creating a new Project has a lot of downstream actions which can get messed up if an ID already exists.

I have another form which can create new versions of an existing Project, which I can use as a redirect URL if necessary.

Many thanks in advance!

5 Replies 5
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I'm afraid that's not available natively with Airtable forms.  Fillout has this functionality though and it integrates directly with Airtable: https://www.fillout.com/help/prevent-duplicate-submissions

MrW
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks Adam. That's unfortunate. The organisation I'm helping won't stretch to another $75/month just for that functionality. I'll have a re-think on my approach. 

Oof, yeah fair enough.  Maybe you could set up a system that detects duplicates and then emails the creator and tells them to fix it? 

I'm curious why you need the most expensive plan for Fillout as well actually; you're expecting more than 5000 form submissions a month?

Oh - the link you sent above says that feature is available on Business plans and above - which start at $75.

I found a dodgy, but workable workaround. Thanks though.

Oh woah, so sorry, I thought that just came with the free plan, my apologies!