709 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charles_Osterta
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have published a gallery view to my wix page and thought everything was great. Question. Why when someone clicks on View larger version does it take them to an airtable.com site?

2nd question. If I like the larger view that seems to be appropriate how can I duplicate that view?

Thanks for your help
charley

4 Replies 4

The only larger version that Airtable makes available via that link is the original, non-embedded version. To make it larger on your own site (not using that “View larger version” link) is to enlarge the iframe where it’s embedded. The iframe code you were given for embedding lets you do that via the width and height properties.

Charles_Osterta
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Then, how do I eliminate the View larger option from showing. This will confuse my customers who are taken to airtable.com? That doesn’t make sense to me to take someone from my site to a completely foreign site the the customer. And what if I don’t want my customers to download to a csv file. I should be able to control this.

thanks for the help

Unfortunately, you can’t. Airtable doesn’t provide that level of control over how views are rendered. To put it a different way, Airtable is great at data collection and storage, but not nearly as robust when it comes to options for reporting and display. I believe there are some third-party tools that give you far more control, but I don’t do a lot with data reporting and display, so I don’t know any of those tool names off the top of my head. I’m going to tag @ScottWorld on this for further input.

Hi @Charles_Ostertag,

The embedding feature of Airtable, as you’ve seen, doesn’t have very much customizability. It’s sort of a “take it or leave it” situation.

However, Airtable has a fantastic API, so if you know how to write some JavaScript or Ruby or .Net programming code, you can custom-program any sort of a website you want, and pull in your data using Airtable’s API.

If you don’t know how to code, there are other tools out there that have already done all the heavy lifting for you.

For example, Pory.io was specifically designed to give you different types of gallery views based on your Airtable data, and you can even use your own website’s domain with it, so people aren’t leaving your domain.

Another great option is MiniExtension’s tool to embed an Airtable gallery on your own website.

Both of those options are specifically designed for Airtable.

But let’s say you find another popular gallery-building website app out there that has nothing to do with Airtable. If it’s popular enough, there’s a good chance that it will be listed on Integromat or Zapier, in which case you can seamlessly send information from your Airtable database to those other sites.

So you’ve got lots of different options to explore, but they will require you going outside of Airtable’s built-in native features.