Help

How can I format a field with a column name if it is so long?

Topic Labels: Base design Community
Solved
Jump to Solution
687 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kostya_S
5 - Automation Enthusiast

The column name is too long and doesn't move to new lines when I shrink the column. Can you suggest a way to move part of the name to a different line? Thank you for any suggestions!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Juliana
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi Kostya—thanks for surfacing this! There is not presently a way to wrap field header text in the manner you're seeking; the only way to see a field's full name is by clicking and expanding the length of the field. Other workarounds involve adding a field description so that you can operate with a succinct title and retain a tool tip to guide users. This is more highly requested feature so I'd recommend adding your vote for this improvement in our Product Ideas section.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Juliana
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi Kostya—thanks for surfacing this! There is not presently a way to wrap field header text in the manner you're seeking; the only way to see a field's full name is by clicking and expanding the length of the field. Other workarounds involve adding a field description so that you can operate with a succinct title and retain a tool tip to guide users. This is more highly requested feature so I'd recommend adding your vote for this improvement in our Product Ideas section.

Kostya_S

Thank you, Mrs. Juliana, for your prompt and specific response.